I was flabbergasted when I received a comment from Dana Fashina that I was nominated for the Liebster Award! I thought, “Wow WP community support is out of this world. I feel blessed.” Thank you for nominating me!
The LIEBSTER AWARD is a virtual award to welcome new bloggers to the community who has less than 1000 followers. LIEBSTER in german means sweetheart, beloved, darling. In acceptance of this award I will do the following things:
- LINK back to the person who nominated you;
- SHARE 11 facts about yourself;
- ANSWER 11 questions set by your nominator;
- NOMINATE 11 people who you think deserves the Liebster Award
- ASK your nominees 11 questions to answer
AFTER YOU PUBLISH your Liebster post, go to your nominees blog and let them know you nominated them.
11 facts about myself:
- I would pick tea over coffee any day.
- My favorite fruits are mangoes, blueberries, & honey crisp apples.
- Brie is my to go to cheese for a snack.
- I am the 3rd oldest of 6 kids.
- I collect glass jars.
- I am growing my hair to donate to locks of love.
- Gold accents on anything—I love!
- I have an addiction to Typography—specifically calligraphy.
- Asian food is my favorite cuisine.
- I have grown to like red wine.
- I learned how to drive a manual at age 16.
My answers to the 11 Questions asked by my Nominator.
- What’s a day in your life? Take your time…paint a picture for us. Everyday is quite different from one another and this is a picture of what would be close to my everyday life. I typically start with a cup of tea- specifically Jasmine or Earl Grey Black tea. The bulk of my day I am a nurse providing care to patients. After my shift, I cook to wind down—one of my outlet to zone out and just relax as I am cooking away. More than likely I am ending my day with crafting a bit and blogging before preparing for the next workday.
- If you could only keep one piece, what piece of clothing in your closet, what would it be and why? I think narrowing anything down to one item is difficult as I am a person who likes varieties—especially when it comes to clothing articles. One piece—I would immediately pick my long maxi dress because it is comfortable, saves me from the days I forget to shave, and light enough that I won’t be too hot.
- Do you prefer music or books? Why? Honestly, I am torn between the two. Music is associated with a story and also a memory when the song was released. It has meanings that are different to every being. Books contain so much information a person can learn rather it is to create something, tell a story, or even share an experience—it is invaluable.
- What’s something you’d secretly like to wear but haven’t worked the courage up to try it? There is nothing on my list right now that I secretly want to wear. If you asked me this question about 2 years ago I would have said RED LIPSTICK. I use to feel that it brought too much attention to my lips and was a bit timid about trying it. After years of admiring it on other ladies, I finally worked up the courage to try it. That day I walked into Nordstrom, asked the makeup artist at the MAC station to help me pick out a shade of red and BAM…I am now and forever in love with it.
- What are 3 guilty pleasures of yours? One} I binge on chocolate every now and than even knowing it is bad for me. Two} A sneaker addict who does not need more shoes. Three} Craft even if there is no reason to just because I enjoy creating.
- What are 3 bad habits of yours? One} I take care of others before myself. Two} I take plenty of photos for a blog post when I know I will only use 2 or 3 them. Three} I squeeze the toothpaste from the top of the tube rather than the bottom and it drives my SO up the wall.
- What post would you re-do if you could? Link to it. Croissant-egg-sandwich post.
- When you take pictures for your blog, do you already have a concept in mind or are you kind of winging it? Yes, most of the time I do have a concept in mind before I take photos for my each post. There are times I feel that when I play it by ear the creativity just flows with freedom and I have more fun than I intended.
- What are the ways you drive engagement within your blog? The way I share my perspective of crafts and recipes.
- What do you find is the optimal posting time? I find the optimal posting time is between 7-9 am as most people are starting their day with coffee and browsing through their favorite bloggers page.
- What message do you want people who read your blog to take away? Life is as simple as you want to make it. Your passions will be your drive to complete the things that are most important and enjoyable to you.
11 people I want to nominate and they are worth your time to check it out:
- pattynguyen– My #1 supporter since Craftea Heart was birthed. I am not sure of her followers and she deserves to be recognized with the great photos and recipes that she shares. ❤
- poshlittledesigns– Brandi and her two daughters are adorbs. Her post will blow you away with her all things POSH. Makes you want to party!
- creatingbeautyinthekitchen– Healthy recipes all over–from sweets to savory entrees.
- spiceinthecity– I love her recipes and especially the photos! WOW, they are amazing.
- chopstickspoon– Plenty of great asian entrees and sweet recipes on this blog.
- thedessertspoon– Sweet tooth galore. This is the place you want to visit.
- hotforhouses– The simple DIY crafts on this blog is lovely. I adore simplicity.
- pompandcircumstance– The chevron DIY lamp shade. To ADORE!
- jennifertith– Flower crowns galore. Simple, chic, and great for a summer outfit.
- oceanviewkitchen.com- Olga’s blog makes me hungry every time I take a gander through it. Especially the banana raspberry post I just peeped at!
- fruitshare– all things organic. You better believe the mango oat muffin is my favorite.
11 Questions for my Nominees:
- Where would you travel to if you can pick up and go right now?
- Who is your role model and why?
- What is your favorite recipe?
- What recipe or craft would you want to see on my blog?
- What is a must read/watch book/movie on your list?
- Name two things on your bucket list.
- What is your favorite font and why?
- List what you have learned so far via blogging.
- Which category has the most visits on your blog today?
- Do you collect anything? If yes, what?
- What is your favorite type of outfit?
NOMINEES please copy paste your link into this post when you are done so I can learn more about YOU!
Keep the blogging community support going as it is always great to stumble on new blogs with new beginnings.
Also, check out our Fiesta Friday parties Angie and her co-hosts have every weekend. You will surely meet great bloggers, supporters, and recipes all in one place. Cheers to all and toodles until next post!
UPDATE: My nominator just informed me that it is for bloggers with less than 1000 followers! So feel free to keep that in mind. 🙂